Executive Function Coaching
Developing the "CEO of your Brain"
How can coaching impact executive functions?
Coaching combines both teaching and applied practice to help individuals develop strategies and approaches that can help them achieve their goals.
- Goal-Setting: Assisting with setting goals that are realistic and attainable – this sets the target of what we would work towards together!
- Metacognition: Learning more about how your brain works, so that strategies developed work for you
- Teaching and Development of Strategies: Explicitly teaching skills and strategies, while also helping you learn to develop your own
- Problem Solving: Through our RISE model, we help you work through the use of strategies, adapting them until it is working
- Accountability: Once strategies are found that work, we then help you maintain them – knowing what to do is only half the battle, actually using them is the other half
How can executive function coaching help me specifically?
- Consultation Process: We have a consultation where we help identify individual goals and challenges. During this consult, our team helps you identify which executive functions are impacting your ability to succeed.
- Coach Matching: We match you with a coach based on the coaching plan. This matching takes into account factors like: who you will work best with, who has the best experience to support you, and who will be able to meet all your other needs and wants.
- Real World Applications: Our supports are adapted to your current responsibilities. Since your responsibilities change, we assist in prioritizing what is most important to be working on at each coaching session.
- Accountability and Maintenance: While we respond to your changing needs, we also assist in keeping you on task: not giving up on goals just because they are too hard.
- Personally Designed Coaching Schedules: New Frontiers offers individualized coaching schedules. We run sessions in 15 minute intervals, meaning you can have three 15-minute sessions, or one 30-minute and one 15-minute spread throughout a week. We also provide texting check ins depending on the individual needs. Each individual’s schedule is unique and adapts to the individual’s needs.
- Proven Approaches: Our RASP and RISE models focus on individual challenges to promote growth
- Pedagogy: Use of Explicit Instruction and Cognitive Modeling to assist in the growth and development of skills and strategies that work for you.
Who are the coaches?
Learn more about our age specific supports:
Interested in learning more? Let’s set up some time to chat.