What is Procrastination?
- The act of delaying or postponing tasks or actions, even when knowing it might have negative consequences.
- Often driven by fear of failure, perfectionism, or a lack of motivation.
What are the underlying cause of procrastination?
- Fear of Failure: Concern about not meeting expectations or making mistakes.
- Perfectionism: Wanting everything to be perfect, leading to avoidance of starting.
- Lack of Motivation: Not finding the task meaningful or rewarding.
- Inaccurate Awareness of Time: Not understanding how much time you have to complete a task, or how long it will take you.
How can you address procrastination?
- Break Tasks into Smaller Steps: Making tasks more manageable can reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed.
- Set Specific Deadlines: Having a clear deadline can create a sense of urgency.
- Reward System: Reward yourself for completing tasks, creating a positive reinforcement loop.
- Accountability Partners: Having someone to check in with can motivate action and reduce delay.