Assistance for transitions; helping build confidence for the changes before they come
Transitions aren’t easy. It also looks different for everyone. Transition Coaching can help you better understand changes that are coming and help you develop the skills and strategies to have successful transitions in academia. Research shows that the more consistency through transitions can help make those transitions happen more smoothly.
What is transition coaching?
- A coaching process designed to help people handle transitions better.
- Not all transitions are the same, so they require adaptive skills to be navigated successfully.
- Coaches help clients identify their own gaps in skills to develop an appropriate coaching plan.
- The coach guides clients through developing skills and strategies that will assist in the transition, while identifying opportunities to practice these skills in their current environment
Is coaching right for me?
If you ever find yourself struggling with:
- Problem solving
- Adapting to change
- Regulating your emotions
- Self-Monitoring progress
- Taking on new responsibilities
- Managing your time
- Adapting to new teachers, professors, or bosses
- Anxiety around the future and unknowns
- Motivating yourself through change
…Then our coaching may be for you
- Confidence in transitions
- A transition plan that is specific to your needs
- Special attention on strategies that will have an immediate impact on your life
- Supports that continue through your transition
- Strategy development to support learning and growth
- Coaching styles designed to help individuals learn how to learn (Metacognition)
- Check-ins outside of sessions to help with following through on additional tasks
- Post-session plans that include to-do lists, but also the “HOW” – how to complete tasks, adapt schedules/plans, and more
- A better understand of self to be proactive in problem solving
Types of Transition Supports
Who are the coaches?
- Our coaches are seasoned professionals who bring a wide variety of life experiences to the table. Coaches have unique specialized training, educational backgrounds, and specific skill areas of expertise
- People come to us with very specific needs and goals. We put special care in matching clients with the ideal coach who can meet those specific needs – This includes coaches who understand many learning differences and mental health challenges
- Coaches are flexible and are happy to work around our client’s schedules
Interested in learning more? Let’s set up a time to chat.