What is executive dysfunction?
- Executive Dysfunction refers to difficulties with executive functions, the mental skills that help us get things done.
- These skills are managed by the brain’s frontal lobe and include abilities like managing time, paying attention, switching focus, planning and organizing, remembering details, and multitasking.
- When these skills are disrupted, it’s known as Executive Dysfunction. This can make it hard to start, follow through, and complete tasks.
How does executive dysfunction impact people?
- Executive Dysfunction can significantly impact a person’s daily life, affecting their ability to function effectively at work, at school, or in social situations.
- It can make it difficult to plan and organize tasks, manage time effectively, remember details, and control emotions and behavior.
- This can lead to challenges in academic performance, job performance, and interpersonal relationships.
- However, with the right strategies and supports, individuals with Executive Dysfunction can learn to manage these challenges and lead successful and fulfilling lives.