Executive Function Classes
Developing the "CEO of your Brain"
Executive Functions are a set of cognitive abilities that help manage, control, and regulate your brain. They are known as goal-directed behaviors that help you navigate towards, adapt, and achieve your goals.
How can classes impact executive functions?
Our Executive Function classes combine both teaching and applied practice to help individuals develop strategies and approaches that can help them achieve their goals.
- Goal-Setting: Assisting with setting goals that are realistic and attainable – this sets the target of what we would work towards together!
- Metacognition: Learning more about how your brain works, so that strategies developed work for you
- Teaching and Development of Strategies: Explicitly teaching skills and strategies, while also helping you learn to develop your own
- Problem Solving: Through our RISE model, we help you work through the use of strategies, adapting them until it is working
- Accountability: Once strategies are found that work, we then help you maintain them – knowing what to do is only half the battle, actually using them is the other half
How can executive function coaching help me specifically?
- Consultation Process: We have a consultation where we help identify individual goals and challenges. During this consult, our team helps you identify which executive functions are impacting your ability to succeed.
- Staff Matching: We match you with a member of our team based on the coaching plan. This matching takes into account factors like: who you will work best with, who has the best experience to support you, and who will be able to meet all your other needs and wants.
- Real World Applications: Our classes are adapted to your current responsibilities. Since your responsibilities change, we assist in prioritizing what is most important to be working on at each class session.
- Accountability and Maintenance: While we respond to your changing needs, we also assist in keeping you on task: not giving up on goals just because they are too hard.
- Personally Designed Class Schedules: New Frontiers offers individualized class schedules. We run sessions in 15 minute intervals, meaning you can have three 15-minute class, or one 30-minute and one 15-minute spread throughout a week. We also provide texting check ins depending on the individual needs. Each individual’s schedule is unique and adapts to the individual’s needs.
- Proven Approaches: Our RASP and RISE models focus on individual challenges to promote growth
- Pedagogy: Use of Explicit Instruction and Cognitive Modeling to assist in the growth and development of skills and strategies that work for you.
Who are the teachers?
Classes are open to the public and anyone will benefit from working on these skills. Classes can be broken down to 15 minute increments based on the individual.
**There is a 3% processing fee for using Credit Cards**
**In-home classes are subject to an additional fee of $50 per hour**