What is Career Coaching?
Developing the Skills and Strategies to Achieve Your Career Goals
There are many facets to developing the skills and strategies necessary to achieve your career goals. People come to us in various parts of their journey, so we help identify where we can have the largest impact in supporting you on that journey towards career success. We are here to help you learn these skills explicitly so you can achieve what you want to achieve!
How can coaching impact career skills?
Coaching combines both teaching and applied practice to help individuals develop strategies and approaches that can help them achieve their life goals.
- Executive Functions: Many of the hurdles to managing your life stem from executive function challenges – through a focus on executive functions, coaching supports you taking charge in your life
- Career Exploration: Skills that help identify the long-term career goals that you have, focusing your efforts on meaningful decisions now that will impact your future
- Communication: Coaching focuses on how communication is used to achieve your goals, while strategizing communication to work for you
- Metacognition: Learning more about how your brain works, so that strategies developed work for you in career contexts
- Teaching and Development of Strategies: Explicitly teaching career skills and strategies, while also helping you learn to develop your own
- Problem Solving: Through our RISE model, we help you work through the use of strategies, adapting them until it is working for you
- Accountability: Once strategies are found that work, we then help you maintain them – knowing what to do is only half the battle, actually using them is the other half
How can career coaching help me specifically?
We follow a proven process to make sure that coaching is designed to meet your wants and needs:
- Consultation Process: We have a consultation where we help identify individual goals and challenges. During this consult, our team helps you identify which executive functions are impacting your ability to succeed.
- Coach Matching: We match you with a coach based on the coaching plan. This matching takes into account factors like: who you will work best with, who has the best experience to support you, and who will be able to meet all your other needs and wants.
- Real World Applications: Our supports are adapted to your current responsibilities. Since your responsibilities change, we assist in prioritizing what is most important to be working on at each coaching session.
- Accountability and Maintenance: While we respond to your changing needs, we also assist in keeping you on task: not giving up on goals just because they are too hard.
- Personally Designed Coaching Schedules: New Frontiers offers individualized coaching schedules. We run sessions in 15 minute intervals, meaning you can have three 15-minute sessions, or one 30-minute and one 15-minute spread throughout a week. We also provide texting check ins depending on the individual needs. Each individual’s schedule is unique and adapts to the individual’s needs.
- Proven Approaches: Our RASP and RISE models focus on individual challenges to promote growth
- Pedagogy: Use of Explicit Instruction and Cognitive Modeling to assist in the growth and development of skills and strategies that work for you.